GagaVille, a uniquely designed neighboring farm to FarmVille, that sports unicorns and crystals, according to Zynga, launches May 17. GagaVille visitors will get a first listen to unreleased songs from Gaga’s album Born This Way, available May 23. The full album also comes bundled as a free download when you buy a $25 Zynga game card at Best Buy.
The deal also includes a “Words With Gaga” contest in Zynga’s mobile Words With Friends game. Playing the designated Gaga word of the day — which will be announced on Gaga’s Facebook Page each day — will give players the chance to win concert tickets and a signed copy of Born This Way. Zynga is also giving players limited edition Lady Gaga virtual items on RewardVille that can be used across Zynga games.
Such a deal had been predicted after Gaga and Zynga collaborated on an earthquake relief effort for Japan in March. Last month, The Wall Street Journal reported that Zynga and Gaga were in discussions about a tie-in effort.
Source :- http://mashable.com
- Lady Gaga & Zynga Found GagaVille (mashable.com)
- Zynga Bringing Lady Gaga To ‘FarmVille’ with ‘GagaVille’ (multiplayerblog.mtv.com)
- Lady Gaga Joins Forces With Zynga (adweek.com)
- Cityville,Farmville,Lady Gaga, Gagaville,Coming to Zynga (socialdiets.wordpress.com)
- Cityville Lady Gaga, Gagaville, Coming to Zynga (socialdiets.wordpress.com)
- Zynga, Lady Gaga, bring GagaVille to FarmVille: Clash of the ‘Villes (games.com)
- Zynga, Lady Gaga Launch Massive Cross-Promotion That Spans FarmVille, Words With Friends (insidesocialgames.com)
- Zynga teams up with Lady Gaga through GagaVille (venturebeat.com)
- Welcome To GagaVille! (perezhilton.com)
- Lady Gaga Teaming up with Farmville for Born This Way | News (ladygaga.com)
The death of Osama Bin Laden was one of the most tweeted events in history — and generated the highest sustained rate of tweets ever.
Twitter has released updated statistics on the usage of its platform last night. Previously, the social media company reported that more than 4,000 tweets were sent per second during the beginning and the end of Obama’s speech. It now says the real number of tweets was about 25% higher.
At 11:00 p.m. ET, just before Obama’s speech, users generated 5,106 tweets per second, the highest single volume of tweets during the night. At 11:45 p.m., just when he finished his speech, Twitter users were sending 5,008 tweets per second.
“Last night saw the highest sustained rate of Tweets ever,” Twitter announced in a tweet. “From 10:45 – 2:20am ET, there was an average of 3,000 Tweets per second.” That equates to a whopping 27,900,000 tweets in just two hours and 35 minutes.
Between 10:45 p.m. ET and 12:30 a.m. ET, the company says its users averaged 3,440 tweets per second. At its peak, Twitter delivered an average of 12,384,000 tweets per hour.
The new numbers offer a glimpse into just how momentous Osama Bin Laden’s demise was. The event surpasses the 3,283 tweets sent per second during Japan’s victory over Denmark in the World Cup, and the 4,064 tweets sent per second during one of the final moments of this year’s Super Bowl.
However, the record for most tweets sent in the same second is still 6,939 — which happened during the most recent New Year in Japan..
Update: Twitter has released a graph depicting Twitter activity last night:
Source -: http://mashable.com
- Bin Laden’s Death Sparks Record 12.4 Million Tweets Per Hour [STATS] (mashable.com)
- Twitter hits record on Osama bin Laden story (lostremote.com)
- Bin Laden’s death sparks 12.4 Million tweets an hour (chatootsboots.wordpress.com)
- Osama bin Laden’s Death Sets New Record on Twitter (foxnews.com)
- Twitter Sees Highest “Sustained” Activity Ever In Wake Of Osama Bin Laden News (searchengineland.com)
- Osama Takedown Sets Twitter Record (wired.com)
- Bin Laden’s Death Sets New Twitter Record for Tweets-Per-Second (blippitt.com)
- Obama’s bin Laden Speech Triggers 4,000 Tweets Per Second (textually.org)
- The map of how bin Laden news spread through the Twittersphere (venturebeat.com)
- Osama bin Laden vs. Michael Jackson: Whose Death Got More Twitter Chatter? (blogs.sfweekly.com)
- Osama bin Laden death sets Twitter record (news-briefs.ew.com)
- Osama bin Laden’s Death Sets New Record on Twitter (omg.yahoo.com)
- Bin Laden Death Sets Twitter Record (Sorry, Super Bowl XLV) (perezhilton.com)
New stats gathered and analyzed by Webtrends reveal that the world simply can’t stop talking about the Royal Wedding (not that you needed us to tell you). According to the web analytics company, people have sent 911,000 tweets in the last 30 days, or just a little more than 30,000 tweets per day, which accounts for 71% of the buzz Webtrends tracked. For comparison, there were approximately 217,000 Facebook status updates and 145,000 blog posts about William and Kate’s big day.
And while you may think most of the social buzz surrounding the royal nuptials is coming from the U.K., think again. Webtrends says that a whopping 65% of tweets, blog posts and Facebook updates are coming from the U.S., while 20% are coming from the UK. Canada is in third place with a mere 2.6% of social media buzz. This matches stats from Nielsen, which also says that the U.S. is the #1 source of Royal Wedding chatter.
Check out the infographic if you want to see the rest of the Royal Wedding stats:
Note: this infographic is split into two parts.
Source : http://mashable.com
- Royal Wedding Chatter Amps Up on Facebook, Twitter [STATS] (mashable.com)
- Facebook Friday- the royal wedding edition! (ghostwritermummy.wordpress.com)
- Sorry, Social Media Addicts: Tweeting Ban In Effect For The Royal Wedding (newsfeed.time.com)
- I’m sure glad I’m not invited to the royal wedding (thepunch.com.au)
- Biggest online event is Royal Wedding! (telecomaustralia.wordpress.com)
- Royal Wedding and Social Media (sandykora.wordpress.com)
- Royal Wedding 2011: Nielsen study shows US publishing twice as much media as UK (dailymail.co.uk)
- Tracking the Royal Wedding in Social Media (futurelab.net)
- Twitter prepare their servers for the Royal Wedding (chatootsboots.wordpress.com)
- Royal Wedding: A Two-Screen Experience Like You\’ve Never Seen (huguesrey.wordpress.com)
As we wrote a few weeks ago, Zynga launched a campaign with Save The Children to raise money via in-game donations in Zynga games like FrontierVille, FarmVille and CityVille for the relief efforts in Japan following the massive earthquake and tsunami a few weeks ago. Today, the social gaming giant is announcing that Lady Gaga has donated $750,000, through the sales of her Japan Prayer Bracelets, to Zynga’s fundraising initiative. She is also donating another $750,000 to the American Red Cross to support relief efforts in Japan.
And in the past two weeks, Zynga players alone have raised more than $2.5 million for Save the Children’s Japan Earthquake Tsunami Children in Emergency Fund and other causes. In a release issued by the pop singer and Zynga, Gaga said “I’m inspired that my little monsters banded together to help those affected by the terrible tragedy…What Zynga’s players have done for the cause is equally inspiring, and I’m thrilled to partner with them to raise money that will go to Save the Children and the American Red Cross.”
Through Zynga games including Café World, CityVille, FrontierVille, FarmVille, Words With Friends, Vampire Wars, YoVille and Zynga Poker, more than 250 million players had the opportunity to donate 100 percent of the purchase price of newly created virtual items to the fundraising efforts. Via Credits, Facebook donated money generated through the purchases to support the initiative.
The Japan fundraising initiative isn’t the first charitable campaign for Zynga. Since October 2009, hundreds of thousands of players have raised more than $10 million dollars for international nonprofits through Zynga.org. And Zynga was able to raise millions for the relief efforts in Haiti last year.
Source -: Lady Gaga Donates $750K To Zynga’s Japan Earthquake Relief Campaign (techcrunch.com)
- Zynga Becomes More Addictive With “RewardVille”. (blogs.vinuthomas.com)
- Lady Gaga Donates $750K To Zynga’s Japan Earthquake Relief Campaign (techcrunch.com)
- Lady Gaga Donates $1.5 Million to Zynga’s Fundraising Campaign For Japan (mashable.com)
- Lady Gaga Partners with Zynga to Save The Children in Japan (connectwithyourteens.net)
- You: Online social game star Zynga adds new lure (france24.com)
- Zynga, Ngmoco donating to Japan through iOS games (tuaw.com)
- Zynga Enables Donations To Tsunami Relief Through In-Game Purchases (via TechCrunch) (preternaturalpost.wordpress.com)
- Official CityVille Game Bar launches, promises energy bonus every 8 hours (games.com)
- Lady Gaga donates $1.5 million to Zynga’s Japan disaster relief fundraiser (sfgate.com)
- FarmVille Crops for a Cause (blogs.wsj.com)