17 Twitter Tips from Mashable Connect Attendees
Posted by pratyushkp
Becoming one of those users is a challenging task, but it’s also something that can pay big dividends. That’s why we asked the world’s leaders in digital for their advice on how to become a master Twitter user.
On May 12-14, several hundred of the world’s digital leaders gathered in Orlando for the first-ever Mashable Connect, an intimate three-day conference focused on the impact of social media and digital on entertainment, media, technology and society. Connect attendees, along with Team Mashable, had the chance to hear about the biggest trends in digital from the leaders of Syfy, HBO, Edelman, Gowalla, Tumblr, Buddy Media and more.
Here’s the sage advice our Connect attendees had to give:
- 1) @jeffpulver, Casting Director, #140conf: “The secret to Twitter is to listen, connect, share and engage. It’s the conversations that matter.”
- 2) @davepeck, Director of Community, Meshin: “Respond to everybody, positive or negative.”
- 3) @michiganflavor, COO, MIFlavor.com: “Retweet, retweet, retweet. People love to see their stuff retweeted, and they’ll start retweeting you.”
- 4) @shrmsocmedguy, Social Media Strategist, Shrm: “Use your tweeting to set up meetings.”
- 5) @dstatusstalker, Chief Status Stalker, Status Stalker: “Start a conversation. Reach out to others, and say hello.”
- 6) @kratzpr, Founder, Kratz PR: “Don’t think of it as a tool, think of it as a gateway for being social.”
- 7) @ctreada, CEO, Notice Technologies: “Ignore it; they’re all pornographers anyway.” (Chris’s other tip: “Chill out.”)
- 8 ) @jkrohrs, VP of Marketing, ExactTarget: “Don’t tweet if you can’t spell.”
- 9) @moniguzman, Director of Outreach, Intersect: “Tweet what comes naturally. Don’t try to fulfill someone else’s expectations.”
- 10) @shashib, Social Media Swami, Network Solutions: “More than an RSS feed, connecting with people on Twitter gives you interesting content that is validated by them.”
- 11) @jennydevaughn, Director, Social Strategy, @HODES: “You need to have brand sacrifice if you want to be viewed as an expert in your field. Only tweet about 10 topics, events or ideas.”
- 12) @robkey, CEO, Converseon: “Embrace your insignificance.”
- 13) @zagrrl: VP Technology, Innovation Center for US Diary: “The best way to learn is to share.”
- 14) @heidiotway: VP & Director Social Media, Salter Mitchell: “Follow the best, learn from the best.”
- 15) @jonnorp, Director of Social Media, American Airlines: “Remember that it flies forever.”
- 16) @chrisvary, Director of Emerging Technology, Weber Shandwick: “Don’t connect your Twitter to Facebook.”
- 17) @joeyinteractive, Interactive Creative Director, Disney Parks: “Marketing doesn’t spread; stories do.
Source :- http://mashable.com
- 17 Twitter Tips from Mashable Connect Attendees (mashable.com)
- All the News You Might Have Missed From Mashable Connect (mashable.com)
- There’s a Badge for That [COMIC] (mashable.com)
- 57 New Digital Media Resources You May Have Missed (mashable.com)
- HOW TO: Explore Content on Mashable (mashable.com)
- Misunderstood & Overlooked? Gowalla Revisits Its Roots To Find Stories in Location (mashable.com)
- Announcing Mashable & Gowalla’s SXSW 2011 Partnership (mashable.com)
- Mashable Follow Opens To All (fakeiitian.com)
About pratyushkpA Newbie Social Media Blogger , Social Network Addict , Social Gamer ( Mafiawars , Farmville) , Working as a Marketing Specialist for a E-cards company. www.blogoholic.in
Posted on May 16, 2011, in Social, Technology and tagged Buddy Media, Casting (performing arts), Creative director, ExactTarget, Gowalla, Meshin, twitter, Weber Shandwick. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.