Facebook Takes 31.2% of the U.S. Ad Display Market
Posted by pratyushkp
Facebook now claims nearly a third of all U.S. display advertising impressions with 346.4 billion in the first quarter, more than double what it garnered in the comparable quarter in 2010, according to a new report.
The research, by comScore, estimates that Facebook now has 31.2% of U.S. advertising display impressions, up from 25.9% in the fourth quarter of 2010 and 15.6% in Q1 2010. At the current pace, Facebook will easily surpass 1 trillion impressions for the year.
The total number of U.S. impressions was 1.1 trillion for the first quarter. Facebook’s closest competitor is Yahoo’s network of sites, which claimed 10.1% of the market. Google, which is still relatively new to the display business, had 2.5%. The chart below shows Facebook’s rise since January 2010.
The latest numbers are proof, if anyone needed it, that Facebook’s advertising business is off to a running start in 2011. Facebook’s dominance in the market has prompted it to raise its ad unit prices by 40% according to one report while another speculated that the company’s IPO could be in the $100 billion range next year. Facebook’s business is growing faster than previously thought.
This recent report also notes that AT&T was once again the biggest display advertiser on the web with 19.4 billion impressions or 1.8% of the total market. Number two was Experian with 16.6 billion and 1.1%.
Source : – http://mashable.com
- Facebook Takes 31.2% of the U.S. Ad Display Market [REPORT] (mashable.com)
- Facebook Gets Largest Share Of U.S. Online Display Ads (allfacebook.com)
- 1.1 Trillion Display Ads Delivered in Q1 2011 (adrants.com)
- Facebook Serves 31% Of All Display Ads In Q1 2011 (searchenginewatch.com)
- Facebook Delivers Three Times As Many Display Ads As Its Nearest Competitor (businessinsider.com)
- One Third of U.S. Online Ads Now Served By Facebook (hubspot.com)
- Facebook ranked top display ad publisher in Q1 2011 (zdnet.com)
- Facebook Triumphs In Display Ad Arena (searchmarketingstandard.com)
- comScore: Facebook Now Serves One Third Of Online Ads In U.S. (techcrunch.com)
- comScore: Facebook Now Serves One Third Of Online Ads In U.S. (via TechCrunch) (toodamnez.wordpress.com)