Royal Wedding Chatter Amps Up on Facebook, Twitter [STATS]
Posted by pratyushkp
One hardly need look at the numbers to know that talk of the Royal Wedding is accelerating rapidly ahead of the April 29 event. The numbers are nevertheless enlightening, especially in light of where and among whom conversations about the Royal Wedding are occurring.
News stories (as indexed by Bing) are up nearly sevenfold to 7 million per day since the beginning of the month. Blog posts have more than doubled from 46.7 million on April 5 to 102.9 million, according to data obtained from Trendrr.
According to Nielsen, the Royal Wedding has made up more than 0.3% of all news coverage in the U.S. since the engagement was announced. YouTube videos tagged with top Royal Wedding-related keywords (Royal Wedding, Kate Middleton, etc.) have grown more than 10 times from 37.5k per day to 460k per day.
Perhaps the most amusing is the rise in Royal Wedding-related eBay auctions, up from 7,435 in mid-February to more than 400,000 this week.
Just as with the U.S. media, more of the American public is talking about the Royal Wedding than their U.K. counterparts. 40% of Royal Wedding-related, English language tweets originate from the U.S., followed by the UK (31%), Canada (8%), Australia (6%), Indonesia (4%) and India (3%), Trendrr finds.
Overall, tweets about the Royal Wedding have quadrupled since the beginning of the month, averaging nearly 5,000 per hour over the last week and accelerating quickly in recent days. Sentiment has been mixed; 46% of tweets are positive, 43% are neutral and 12% are negative.
A Trendrr spokesperson says that the data has been difficult to track because of the volume and range of topics related to the wedding. The data doesn’t include, for instance, mentions of Kate’s ring, because tweets with the keywords “#Kate” and “ring” don’t necessarily refer to Kate Middleton. Including them would “spoil the data pools,” he said, meaning that actual discussion related to the event is undoubtedly much greater.
Thumbnail courtesy of Flickr, The British Monarchy
Source -: http://mashable.com
- Royal Wedding Chatter Amps Up on Facebook, Twitter [STATS] (mashable.com)
- Not the royal wedding: an etiquette guide for the Middletons (exitlanguages.wordpress.com)
- Twitter prepare their servers for the Royal Wedding (chatootsboots.wordpress.com)
- At Royal Wedding Queen Supplies Flowers for the Church (treehugger.com)
- Construction gets Royal Wedding fever (train4tradeskills.wordpress.com)
- Royal Wedding: Meet the Superfans! (eonline.com)
- No Tweets Allowed at the Royal Wedding (mashable.com)
- Celebrate the royal wedding in style (interflora.co.uk)
- Biggest online event is Royal Wedding! (telecomaustralia.wordpress.com)
- A Different Kind of Royal Wedding! (afashionablelifeforme.wordpress.com)
About pratyushkpA Newbie Social Media Blogger , Social Network Addict , Social Gamer ( Mafiawars , Farmville) , Working as a Marketing Specialist for a E-cards company. www.blogoholic.in
Posted on April 28, 2011, in Social and tagged EBay, facebook, Kate Middleton, Lubbock Texas, Monarchy of the United Kingdom, New Haven Connecticut, RoyalWedding, Trendrr, Tulsa Oklahoma, twitter, youtube. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.