Gmail enables Sending emails in Background
Posted by pratyushkp
Shows warning in case of any error to fix it
Google’s Gmail Labs is known for making nifty tweaks to the email service and thereby making it more efficient. This time, Google has added a new Background Send feature in Gmail Labs that lets users carry on with other tasks while the emails will continue being sent in background.
New Background Send feature can be enabled by accessing the Gmail Labs options available in Settings. Once you’ve enabled it, all you have to do is hit Send after you’ve composed an email and then carry on checking other emails.
Here’s a condition which indeed is important – browser tab/window needs to be active while sending email. Means you need to be logged in and must have an active connection. Enabling Background Send, hitting Send button and then simply shutting down the PC or Mac won’t guarantee that your mail has been sent.
In case the recipients address is not correct or if there’s any other issue while sending an email in background, Gmail will show a warning message on top of your Inbox. The warning message will offer you an option to fix it instantly or fix it later. On a successful dispatch of messages, user will receive text – your message has been sent, just above the Inbox.
What we can notice here is that slowly, Gmail is acting like a proper application with background sending of messages. Though it’s not more of a visual effect, it’s still quite an implementation.
Source :- Techtree Blog
- Gmail Labs Brings Background Send, Now Send an Email While Reading Other Mail Conversations (techie-buzz.com)
- Gmail Can Now Send Messages In the Background (googletutor.com)
- Gmail Labs Now Offers Tool to Speed Up Your Email (readwriteweb.com)
- Gmail lets you manage other mail while your messages are sending (isiria.wordpress.com)
- New in Labs: Background Send (gmailblog.blogspot.com)
- Google Gmail Speeds Up with Background Sending (searchenginejournal.com)
- Gmail Now Lets You Send Messages in the Background (newsgrange.com)
- Google introduces Background Send to Gmail (thenextweb.com)
- Gmail Smart Recipients Suggestion and Correction Features Live for All (mydigitallife.info)
- 6 Ways To Be More Productive With Your Gmail Account (thenextweb.com)