Facebook Scam: Fake Event Invitation Claims To Show Who Viewed Your Profile
Posted by pratyushkp
Another day, another Facebook profile scam.
Clicking the event’s “I’m Attending” button–don’t!–will likely push the scam to your friends’ news feeds.
In addition, an equally unsafe how-to video on getting free Facebook credits is embedded at the bottom of the phony page.
These kinds of Facebook scams surface frequently, sometimes as fake apps, other times as spammy Wall posts or instant messages. As usual, you should be wary of any Facebook event, app or message that promises to reveal who is looking at your profile.
Source : http://www.huffingtonpost.com
- See Who Has Viewed Your Profile Event Spam Spreading on Facebook (techie-buzz.com)
- How the Class of 2015 is getting scammed on Facebook (midd-blog.com)
- Facebook scam with a difference – Social Tagging Worldwide avoids rogue apps (nakedsecurity.sophos.com)
- Facebook Spam Now Spreading Through Facebook Events (techie-buzz.com)
- Spammers Using Facebook Events to Trick Users (nytimes.com)
- FarmVille Scam Alert: Helping Blu reward is another fake (games.com)
- Bad News For AdSense Users Scam Spreading on Facebook (techie-buzz.com)
- Anger after scam-exposing community shut down by Facebook (nakedsecurity.sophos.com)
- Over 10 Million Scammed On Facebook (pratyushkp.wordpress.com)
- Spammers Now Using Facebook Events to Trick Users (readwriteweb.com)
About pratyushkpA Newbie Social Media Blogger , Social Network Addict , Social Gamer ( Mafiawars , Farmville) , Working as a Marketing Specialist for a E-cards company. www.blogoholic.in
Posted on April 26, 2011, in Social, Technology and tagged Address bar, Confidence trick, facebook, Facebook features, social media, social network, Sophos, Techie Buzz. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.