Gmail gets Background Customization Feature
Posted by pratyushkp
Now, customize your Inbox
Google has added yet another eye-candy feature to its web-based email service – Gmail. Over two years ago, Google had added themes in Gmail which certainly impressed several users, geeks and Gmail loyalists. Today onwards, Google will let you customize your Gmail with any image or your own custom image for the background. Yes, you can customize your Gmail with Kelly Clarkson‘s wallpaper, Dark Knight Rises Poster, or even a photo of your own. Wonder why took Gmail so long to introduce this feature.
Do note that adding a huge image to your Gmail background might make your web browser a wee bit slower. To customize background image on Gmail, go to Themes Tabs in Settings or just click here to go there directly in Gmail.
In the Themes tab, the last option is “Create your own theme” where you must click and a pop-up window will show up. Over there, you’ll get a wireframe like snapshot of your Gmail, where you can customize the different areas with the colors of your choice. Click on the small box on top left corner of that window to give you a drop-down menu about colors and an option to upload image.
Check out the image below to find the upload image option where in you can pull image from Picasa or upload directly from your computer.
- Add Background Image to Gmail: Design your Own Theme (geniusgeeks.com)
- “Make Your Own Gmail Theme with Custom Background Image” and related posts (tech-buzz.net)
- Google adds custom background image themes to Gmail (thenextweb.com)
- Choose Your Own Image as Gmail Background (lockergnome.com)
- Now You Can Select Your Own Image As a Background in Gmail (mashable.com)
- Gmail Updates Themes, Recipient Suggestions (webpronews.com)
- GMail adds custom backgrounds, recipient check failsafes (inquisitr.com)
- Customize your own inbox! Background images in Gmail Themes now available (googleappsupdates.blogspot.com)
- Now You Can Personalize Gmail With Your Own Wallpaper (businessinsider.com)
- Custom background image themes (gmailblog.blogspot.com)