Google to Revamp YouTube with Original Content Google to Revamp YouTube with Original Content
Posted by pratyushkp
Pumps in $100 million for 20 channels hosting original content
The king of streaming video, YouTube, has made a success story out of hosting user generated content; stealing eyeballs off television networks, thanks to a user base that’s warmed up to the freedom of content that comes directly from the source and without the meddling of any TV network or production houses. According to a Wall Street Journal report, Google wants to bite into the broadcast TV model by hosting around 20 channels showcasing several hours of professionally produced original programming per week. YouTube got a cool $100 million from Google to implement the original programming.
The streaming website will be competing with traditional TV networks with its own model of original content, which is a daunting proposition considering the quality of professionally produced network content. The question is – will the average user, who fires up YouTube expecting memetic videos uploaded by random users, want to see YouTube’s version of network programming?
- YouTube to get more TV-like with channels and $100M worth of original content (venturebeat.com)
- YouTube Drops $100 Million to Add Original Content (techland.time.com)
- YouTube Is Sending Copyright Offenders Back to School [VIDEO] (mashable.com)
- Copyright Outlaws Will Now Get Schooled By YouTube’s Animated Squirrel (paidcontent.org)
- Google investing $100 million into original YouTube content (slyvisions.com)
- YouTube Ready to Spend $100 Million on Original Content (pamil-visions.net)
- The LeBrons Becomes A Regular YouTube Series (webpronews.com)
- YouTube scheme to back UK digital talent (guardian.co.uk)
- “YouTube wants to start professional, original content channels” and related posts (afterdawn.com)
- YouTube Users Not Thrilled With New Copyright School (searchengineland.com)
- Google creating YouTube ‘channels’, spending $100 million on original content? (engadget.com)
- YouTube planning premium channels with original programming (geek.com)
About pratyushkpA Newbie Social Media Blogger , Social Network Addict , Social Gamer ( Mafiawars , Farmville) , Working as a Marketing Specialist for a E-cards company. www.blogoholic.in
Posted on April 15, 2011, in Social, Technology and tagged google, Netflix, Streaming media, Television, Television network, User-generated content, Wall Street Journal, youtube. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.