Facebook Will Not be Free Anymore
Posted by pratyushkp
Paid accounts users will get unlimited cloud storage for photos and videos, no banner ads and popup
This comes as a shocker to us. Facebook has announced that it will charge users for holding an account on the website. Users will get two account options – Free and Pro. Free accounts will let users post photos and links, but will have size limited to thumbnail only, big banner ads and popups. Moreover, users will have to take a paid survey for each login. However, Facebook reassures that the entire process won’t take more than 10 minutes. The Pro account will let users post, share and view videos without worrying about the size and quality. Facebook said that starting next month, all users will be migrated to free accounts if they do not pay an amount, which is not disclosed as yet. Reports suggest it won’t be more than $10 (Rs. 450 approx.) per month.
As per the information available, the new paid account roll out will start with a pilot testing in U.S. wherein users will be given unlimited cloud storage to upload photos and videos. Following that, Facebook will start rolling out the paid account options across the globe.
Facebook has been drawing attention of loads of users, advertisers, companies, game developers and more. The social network already has several addictive games and lets advertisers post ads. Games will be free but can only be played if you buy a special gaming pack at an undisclosed price.
We know that maintaining such a heavy user base and implementing innovation for masses isn’t really a cost-effective strategy. However, charging users for holding accounts is a bit too much we think. Leave us a comment and let us know your reaction.
For more details, click here.
- Cloud Storage Faceoff: Windows Live SkyDrive vs. Dropbox vs. Amazon Cloud Drive (mjou812.wordpress.com)
- Facebook and Twitter will be Merged and will Be Called TwittyFace (thevisualmerchandisingblog.wordpress.com)
- PhotoCollect: Unlimited storage for photos and video (thenextweb.com)
- Amazon Cloud Drive, Free Online Storage (ghacks.net)
- Amazon Launches Cloud Storage Service With 5GB Free! [News] (makeuseof.com)
- MoodMusic Inc. Releases Facebook 2.0 with Cloud Player (prweb.com)
- HeyWire Debuts App To Allow Users To Send Texts And Tweets Via SMS From Facebook (techcrunch.com)
- The Real Facebook (nomoneynoproblem.wordpress.com)
- How Do I Delete My Facebook Account? (mademan.com)
- SMEStorage Announce Cloud FTP That Adds FTP Support for Over 15 Storage Clouds (pr.com)
About pratyushkpA Newbie Social Media Blogger , Social Network Addict , Social Gamer ( Mafiawars , Farmville) , Working as a Marketing Specialist for a E-cards company. www.blogoholic.in
Posted on April 3, 2011, in Social, Technology and tagged Amazon S3, cloud computing, Cloud storage, Dropbox, facebook, IOS (Apple), Online Communities, social network. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.