IE9 Downloads Cross 2.3 Million in One Day IE9 Downloads Cross 2.3 Million in One Day
Posted by pratyushkp
Microsoft on Cloud 9
The final version of Internet Explorer 9, the latest iteration of Microsoft’s web browser, was released to public two days ago on of March 15. In just 24 hours, the browser managed to cross 2.3 million downloads. That’s a pretty impressive number, considering only Windows Vista and 7 users can download this browser. Of course, Microsoft couldn’t be more pleased with this news, as is evident from their blog post. In comparison though, Firefox 3 managed to cross 8 million downloads in a day, creating a world record for itself back in 2008. Then again, Firefox is a multi-platform browser, available to Mac and Linux users as well.
We are glad that IE9 is getting a good response. It’s quite a good browser and for the first time, Microsoft has a browser that can compete with the best of the browsers out there. Unfortunately, unless the Windows XP users upgrade to Windows 7, we don’t really see the percentage of IE6 users to drop any time soon. Too bad IE9 is not available for XP users.
To download IE9, click here. To read our full review, click here.
- IE9 Hits 2.3 Million Downloads In 24 Hours (informationweek.com)
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Internet Explorer 9 (maketecheasier.com)
- Internet Explorer 9 Reaches 2.3 Million Downloads In 24 Hours (webpronews.com)
- IE9 First Day Downloads Disappoint (conceivablytech.com)
- IE9: Downloads beat Angry Birds, lag Firefox and Opera (go.theregister.com)
- IE9 downloads hit 2.3m, miles behind Firefox – but could soon hit 100m (guardian.co.uk)
- This week at Microsoft: IE9, spam, and Metro expansion (thenextweb.com)
- Firefox 4 to be released March 22, will it beat IE9? (downloadsquad.switched.com)
- “IE9 downloaded more than 2.35 million times in 24 hours” and related posts (neowin.net)
- “Internet Explorer 9 Hits 2.3 Million Downloads in 24 Hours” and related posts (gadgetvenue.com)
About pratyushkpA Newbie Social Media Blogger , Social Network Addict , Social Gamer ( Mafiawars , Farmville) , Working as a Marketing Specialist for a E-cards company. www.blogoholic.in
Posted on March 19, 2011, in Social, Technology and tagged Internet Explorer 9, Linux, microsoft, Microsoft Windows, Mozilla Firefox, web browser, Windows Vista, Windows XP. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.