Gmail gets New Smart Labels
Posted by pratyushkp
Aims to remove the clutter from your overloaded Inbox
Gmail, the email service by Google, already has Labels for organizing and categorizing the emails with the help of custom filters. Google has now announced new Smart Labels feature for Gmail available via Labs in Settings. The new Smart Labels will allow users to organize messages in Bulk, Notifications and Forum messages. These Smart Labels filter out those messages by default.
Life becomes so much better when all subscribed newsletters, promotions and forum messages get filtered automatically without creating special filters for each of them. At the moment, Gmail Labs in Settings offers the option to activate Smart Labels for your Gmail Inbox.
Following are the three new Smart Labels:
- Bulk: mails that include any kind of mass mailing (such as newsletters and promotional email) and gets filtered out of your inbox by default (where you can easily read it later)
- Notifications: messages sent to you directly (like account statements and receipts)
- Forums: filters email from group mailing lists from different forums
On the official Gmail blog, Google states, “On the Filters tab under Settings, you’ll find that these filters can be edited just like any others. From there, you can also edit your existing filters to avoid having them Smart Labeled or change whether mail in a Smart Label skips your inbox.”
The new Smart Labels certainly turn out to be quite helpful in cleaning up your Inbox and showing you emails from your business or personal contacts as well as friends and family.
- Google Adds Smart Labels To Gmail (webpronews.com)
- Smart Labels Make Gmail Even Better (mashable.com)
- Gmail Smart Labels (mt-soft.com.ar)
- Gmail Smart Labels (googlesystem.blogspot.com)
- Gmail Labs adds Smart Labels to help organize your inbox (downloadsquad.switched.com)
- New in Gmail Labs: Smart Labels (loosewireblog.com)
- Gmail introduces Smart Labels to auto-filter your bulk email (thenextweb.com)
- New feature in Gmail: Smart Labels (onsoftware.en.softonic.com)
- New in Gmail Labs: Smart Labels (gmailblog.blogspot.com)
- Gmail Labs Introduces Automated Filtering with Smart Labels [News] (makeuseof.com)
About pratyushkpA Newbie Social Media Blogger , Social Network Addict , Social Gamer ( Mafiawars , Farmville) , Working as a Marketing Specialist for a E-cards company. www.blogoholic.in
Posted on March 14, 2011, in Social, Technology and tagged Bulk mail, gmail, Gmail Labs, google, Mailing list, Radio-frequency identification, Smart label, Wine label. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.