Google bug disables 150000 Gmail accounts
Posted by pratyushkp
Yesterday around 150000 Gmail users account were disabled by the Google system. They lost all their emails, attachments and chat logs. Google explained that approximately 0.08% of its users were affected by this bug. This bug reset all these accounts and even sent them the Google start up mail that any new user of Gmail receives.
Google reported on its dashboard that the engineers are working to get the problem fixed and restore full access. When the Google spokesman was contacted, a clear message was sent across stating that all the mails and accounts would be restored. Though many users are still apprehensive about the fact that all their messages would be restored.
Meanwhile others are advised to take precautions and store a backup of all their emails. There is a free application for Mac, PC and Linux called Gmail Backup. This is quick and easy to use. After downloading this software, Google asks for your account details and begins backing up your emails securely. Users have suggested various other sites for backing up their emails as many found that this software is not supported with Mac. Some of the popular ones are backupify.com and eternos.com.
- Gmail bug deletes emails for 150,000 users (infoworld.com)
- Gmail Bug Deletes E-Mails for 150,000 Users (pcworld.com)
- Free Backup Gmail Emails with Gmail backup (madrasgeek.com)
- 150,000 Gmail users bugged, all Emails and attachments lost! (globalthoughtz.com)
- Google Explains Gmail Fail That ‘Erased’ Users’ Emails, Disabled Accounts (huffingtonpost.com)
- Google Glitch Disables 150,0000 Gmail Accounts (mashable.com)
- Google: Bug Wipes Out 150,000 Gmail Accounts (blogs.forbes.com)
- Google wipes 150,000 Gmail accounts. WHY? (chatootsboots.wordpress.com)
- Gmail Eats 150,000 Accounts (searchenginejournal.com)
- GFail: Google ‘Very Sorry’ After The Cloud Eats 150,000 Gmail Accounts (wired.com)
About pratyushkpA Newbie Social Media Blogger , Social Network Addict , Social Gamer ( Mafiawars , Farmville) , Working as a Marketing Specialist for a E-cards company. www.blogoholic.in
Posted on March 2, 2011, in Social, Technology and tagged bug, disable, gmail, Gmail Backup, google, Linux, Personal computer, Search Engines, Searching, User (computing), website. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.