Facebook’s Zuckerberg Becomes a Comic Book Hero
Posted by pratyushkp
New 48-pager comic book to paint him in a fair light
The youngest billionaire, Time magazine’s controversial Person of the Year, and the king of the social networking Mark Zuckerberg is finally getting the ultimate in American hero worship – the Comic Book treatment in the form of a 48-pager comic book titled ‘Mark Zuckerberg: Creator of Facebook‘ trade paperback. Written by freelance writer Jerome Maida for BlueWater comics, the book goes on sale today.
“Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire on the planet and created something that has already had a profound impact on the world. Yet hardly anyone knows much about him. It’s amazing,” says Maida about the comic book.
Most of you may be considering Zuckerberg out of character in the role of a comic book hero; a comic book villain would be more like it, especially in the light of him being portrayed as a back-stabbing manipulator in the recent movie The Social Network and his numerous autobiographies. However, Jerome Maida intends to paint the man in a “fair” light, as opposed to people’s perception about him.
He elaborates, “Rightly or wrongly, Mark dealt harshly with some people on his way to where he is today. As we see, he left many people feeling betrayed. I try my best to be fair here.” The book releases today in major comic book stores in U.S., and can also be ordered online from here. The comic book has already been optioned for an upcoming short film.
- Mark Zuckerberg Comic book arrives (theinformativereport.com)
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg gets his own Comic Book Biography (geektyrant.com)
- The Adventures Of … Zuckerberg? (techdailydose.nationaljournal.com)
- Zuckerberg: The Comic Book (blogs.wsj.com)
- Unauthorized Zuckerberg Biography Released – In Comic Book Form (newsfeed.time.com)
- The Mark Zuckerberg Comic Book Has Arrived (mashable.com)
- Marck Zuckerberg Comic Book Released (shoppingblog.com)
- “Mark Zuckerberg Comic Hits Shelves” and related posts (gearlog.com)
- Facebook Hero: Zuckerberg Gets Immortalised In Comic books (gizmodo.com.au)
- THE BIRTH OF FACEBOOK: Now In Comic Book Form (businessinsider.com)
About pratyushkpA Newbie Social Media Blogger , Social Network Addict , Social Gamer ( Mafiawars , Farmville) , Working as a Marketing Specialist for a E-cards company. www.blogoholic.in
Posted on February 28, 2011, in Social, Technology and tagged bing, Bluewater Productions, Comic book, facebook, Freelancer, google, Google Inc, Mark Zuckerberg, microsoft, Microsoft Corp, social network, TIME magazine, twitter, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.