G-Mail Reach Out To Its Users In A New Avatar
Google users who log into their account will find their account layout designed differently thanks to its engineers who have worked hard to include new features in its web mail service.
The new Google feature that users will now notice is :-
- Mail, Contacts and Tasks are clubbed together on the top left corner.
- Users can hide the Contacts and Tasks option by clicking on the right edge of the Mail option.
- Compose Mail now appears as a button
- The Select All, None, Read, Unread, and Starred links that used to be above your messages are now options in a drop-down menu, next to the Archive button.
- Contacts can now be sorted by First or Last name.
- While editing contact details, Gmail will now auto-save the changes made and you can also hit Undo for reversing the changes saved.
- Keyboard shortcuts now work in Contacts too, and Google has made selecting and grouping contacts more like selecting and labeling email.
- Users can now merge contacts from the More actions menu. All they need to do is select the contacts they would like to merge and select Merge contacts from under the More actions menu.
- If you own Android based smartphone then the Group option will show you the contacts that have been starred in Android.
- The individual Contact box is now more structured and you can add more information about the contact.